22/11/24 - We are looking for a freelancer in Tanzania (m/f/d)
Naturland - Association for Organic Agriculture e.V.is the largest international organic growers' association. With 140,000 farmers, beekeepers, and fish farmers/fishers in 60 countries around the world, we stand for ecological and fair management worldwide. We think globally and act locally.
Naturland is certifying with Sustainable Capture Fishery - Naturland a number of fish processors in Tanzania (Bukoba, Mwanza) with their supply chains, extending to many BMUs (Beach Management Units). Currently these are three processors but depending on the market gro the number can grow short-term and has the potential of extending to Kenya and Uganda.
We are looking for the next possible date for Tanzania a
- visiting the BMUs (Beach Management Units), e.g. twice a year each
- keeping Naturland informed about the situation and state of standard implementation
- keeping in touch with the companies for any issues
- keeping in touch with the inspection bodies in charge
- being approachable to the fishers, e.g. for questions around certification, the standard setting, for complaints e.g. with respect to social aspects
- representing Naturland on-site at meetings with officials and media
- participating at the so-called “Joint Standard Round Table” (SRT) Meetings held by the companies.
- you speak the local language and be familiar with the fishers’ situation
- you have a professional background in fishery or social aspects in the region, possibly also in certification
- you are fluent in English, manage office programs and digital photography
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application, stating your possible starting date and your daily rate expectations by 31st of December 2022, by e-mail to:
Naturland - Verband für ökologischen Landbau e. V.